Monday, April 3, 2017

Psalm 17:15 "as for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness."


Being without God is the only problem in the universe, godlessness is the cause of all evil, all suffering. God is himself all goodness, the source of all joy. We are without God because we turn away from him, we sin. Because of this, sin is the greatest frustration in my life, it keeps me from God, my only joy. I have a desire for good qualities courage, love, humility, etc. but it is not the presence of these things alone nor the absence of the opposite of these things that will satisfy me, it is His presence that will satisfy me. I can only be in His presence if I am righteous, if I am like him. Us without God is the problem, Emmanuel, God with us is the solution. I will be satisfied when I awake in His likeness, because I will behold His face, and I will be in the presence of Him whose presence I was made to be in, God with us

No comments:

Post a Comment