Monday, April 3, 2017

IBS "but which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, go and sit down to meat? And will not rather say unto him, make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink? Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not. So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, we are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do."

I ♥️ this verse, Jesus just keeps it so real, this is not something a human being would say with out the Holy Ghost I think. This verse and the application of it has really helped me in life, especially in the secular work place. This mindset of expecting nothing for doing everything required of me simply made me better at work than my coworkers with a different mindset. Most do less than is required of them and expect more than what is promised to them. Any mindset contrary to the one in this verse is wrong. We don't get excited about a light bulb turning on when we flip a switch, it's SUPPOSED to do that, so are we SUPPOSED to obey God always without expectation of a reward.

Application
If I do something for someone and get nothing out of it or if I obey God and get no immediate gratification from it I will resolve to not be discouraged, a more specific example, if in my devotions or prayers I do not get emotional satisfaction I will not slack in my readings or prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment