Monday, April 3, 2017

IBS Luke 12:37-40
 "blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them. And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants. And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through. Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not."

I remember when I was younger, and my parents weren't home I would do things I wasn't supposed to do, and every ten minutes I would run to the window to see if my parents were home, so I could quickly get rid of any evidence. That's what we shouldn't do. I also remember a couple times where I actually did something good like clean the garage or something and my parents came home and were like happy. That's what we should do. The times where I was doing things I shouldn't have and didn't do things around the house that I should have, my parents came and I'd get in trouble just from not being productive, let alone doing the things I shouldn't have been. When my parents came home and I spent that time being productive and serving them, they were happy and we had peace. When I was doing the things I shouldn't have I was afraid they would find out. When I was doing the things I was supposed to I was excited for my parents to come home and see what I had done. Jesus is coming back at a time we do not know, so we should be ready by preoccupying ourselves with his work, not doing things we shouldn't be doing in hopes that we can change right before he comes back. You know how like someone asks you what you're thinking and sometimes what you're thinking is not something you want to share because you shouldn't be thinking it, well we could avoid that by just thinking good thoughts, in anticipation of being asked what we're thinking. So we should do the same thing with every aspect of our lives, serve Jesus in anticipation of His return

Application
Right now there is some conflict in my interior life, instead of indulging in those unhelpful and potentially seriously harmful thoughts 💭 I will burst those thought bubbles as soon as they are blown into my mind, realizing that Jesus could come back at any moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment