Monday, April 3, 2017

Ibs phillipians 3:8

"Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ."

I'm not sure but I think Paul is saying here that everything is dung compared to Christ, this is true. A study was done back in the day, ppl gave kids a marshmallow and told them if they could go a certain amount of time without eating the marshmallow they would get more marshmallows at the end of the time, the study followed the kids through their lives and concluded that the ones who waited were more successful in life. What I'm trying to say here is that it's just a better idea to wait and get the extra marshmallows later; suffer the loss of immediate gratification, that you may win the delayed gratification of more marshmallows later. To be more clear, lose the things that keep you from deeper fellowship with Christ.

Application
There's a marshmallow on the table of my heart, but through prayer, wise counsel, and discipline, I will not eat it, I will wait for God's marshmallows, God's blessings of knowing Him more and anything else He has for me

No comments:

Post a Comment