Monday, April 3, 2017

IBS 2 Samuel 11:11-13
"And Uriah said unto David, the ark, and Israel, and Judah, abide in tents; and my lord Joab, and the servants of my lord, are encamped in the open fields; shall I then go into mine house, to eat and to drink, and to lie with my wife? As thou livest, and as thy soul liveth, I will not do this thing. And David said to Uriah, tarry here today also, and to morrow I will let thee depart. So Uriah abide in Jerusalem that day, and the morrow. And when David had called him, he did eat and drink before him; and he made him drunk: and at even he went out to lie on his bed with the servants of his lord, but went not down to his house."

If someone in authority told me I could go home for a week or so to relax and leave my team here in Guatemala to continue studying and going on outreaches, I would not, I wouldn't even consider it. We are, like Uriah, soldiers, and we are at war, as christians and also as ignite class 12. That example is not likely to happen, however many Christians today in the United States live a soft cushy seemingly comfortable life of leisure, spending their lives playing games and buying toys, supposing grace allows for this, it does not. I'm not saying we should all go out and street preach or go to Somalia and become martyrs, but we should be where Christ is, seeking to save the lost and obeying the will of the father, whether that is in Somalia or in New York simply running your corner bodega in as godly a manner as you can. Christ will return at any time, if you have set your hand to the plow do not look back. Also if you find yourself sinning do not use that as an excuse to go farther into sin, but do what is right, as Uriah did.

Application
If Austin says I can go home for a week while my team is still on the field or in training I will not. But also I will watch and pray that I do not fall into lazy physical comfort seeking so called Christianity

No comments:

Post a Comment