Monday, April 3, 2017

Phillipians 4:11
"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatever state I am, therewith to be content"

Paul in Romans wrote "all things work together for good to them that love God, who are the called according to His purpose" I recite this verse to myself more than any other verse, not some things, but all things, all of my failures, all of my evil, every problem ever, in some way I don't understand, is working for good. Every awkward and failed attempt at socializing, every mundane seemingly insignificant moment, all of my horrible blunders, God does not waste anything, every single part of my life is used for the compost of God's garden. Understanding this, any reaction other than contentment to anything is irrational. If I get cancer, if I become paralyzed, if I never have a family, if I end up in prison, if everyone hates me, if I lose everything, I ought to be content, because all things work together for good to them that love God who are the called according to His purpose

No comments:

Post a Comment