Monday, April 3, 2017

IBS Matthew 20:26-28

"But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; and whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: even as the son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many."

 A seed cannot become a plant and bear fruit unless it first humbles itself, muscles cannot grow unless they are first broken, you can't do well in school unless you study, whosoever will be great, let him be your minister, this pattern is just a universal fact, humble yourself and you will be exalted. Jesus lowered himself more than anyone else ever has and ever will, and he has been exalted more than any ever has or will. I've experienced this a little bit in my life, especially in work, when I was willing to do the small tedious or undesirable jobs and when I would ask the boss what needed to be done, I would be rewarded, given more opportunities, and gain the respect of my bosses. It is also simply the right thing to do, God set the example when He became a man and served us, and even now when He provides all our needs and let's the sun shine and the rain fall on us, He also tells us to serve one another. so He tells us to do it and He Himself has done it, so simplywe should too. Oh also just a thought that came up, it could be easy to fall into selfish ambition even when serving others if our concern is our own gain, so we should pray for right intentions and to desire to glorify God and not to desire the praise of men, and to always just keep in mind our motives for things.

Application
I'm really bad with coming up with specifics, generally I take a concept and apply it in my life as specific circumstances come up, but for IBS I have to come up with something specific right now, so here I go....ugh idk I just thought for like 10 minutes and could think of nothing, so I will keep this mindset and as situations come up I will seek to serve and minister

No comments:

Post a Comment