Monday, April 3, 2017

IBS Philippians 3:12-13
"Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended for Christ Jesus. Brethren I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting the things that are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before"

This reminds me of my track days, when you are racing, you're focus is completely on what is ahead, I don't know how to properly paint this picture for you, like you are really really really focused on what is ahead, you are literally trying to get to a place in front of you and leave the space behind you as fast as physically possible, I mean it hurts, hurts bad, your sweating, your muscle fibers are breaking apart so that you can reach your goal more quickly. Running is like literally forgetting the things that are behind, man, like even right now I'm being haunted by things behind me, but I just gotta keep pressing on, take steps forward, aka forgetting what is behind, take steps forward also aka reaching forth to the things which are before. So I take this to in part mean be faithful in what is before me, do what I gotta do, what God has put before me today, doing menial tasks, not giving my heart over to other things, loving others, walking in the light, all that stuff, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment