Monday, April 3, 2017

IBS John 15:15
"Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you."

So we know we are supposed to serve each other, but here Jesus says we are not his servants but friends. A servant serves others because it is his job, a friend serves out of love, he serves because he enjoys it. This is eye opening for me, when I do serve it's often out of a sense of duty, because I know it's what I should do, but God wants to change us, our hearts, not just our actions, he wants to clean the inside of the cup as well as the outside. I just re read this as I was uploading this IBS and I just noticed how Jesus said He has made known to us all the things He has heard from the Father, that's super cool, I'm reminded of the verse that says something like we have been given all things that pertain to godliness, what else do we need? Jesus made us know everything He has heard from the FATHER, we are set, He has given us all we need. Oh and what He has heard from the father is found in the Holy Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment